Two-day in-company workshop: Grammar Refresher
This intensive two-day in-company workshop, suitable for groups of up to 6 people, is specially tailored for business professionals who would like to:
- refresh their forgotten knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- increase their awareness of correct grammar and vocabulary
- become more accurate in their spoken and written business communication
- gain more confidence in their ability to produce grammatically correct language.
Who should attend?
Business professionals with at least intermediate-level proficiency in English.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have reacquainted themselves with forgotten rules, met some new rules and refreshed their knowledge of the basics of English grammar and punctuation. They will have gained more confidence and security in their abilities to produce grammatically correct written and spoken English. They will have expanded their vocabulary and will have reviewed a wide range of topics, including:
- the most important verb tenses (past, present and future), regular and irregular verbs, auxiliaries and modal verbs, gerunds and infinitives
- active and passive voices
- adjectives and adverbs and comparison
- commonly misused words and phrases
- punctuation (i.e. the use of apostrophes, semicolons and colons, etc.)
- reported speech
- starting sentences with conjunctions, splitting the infinitives, capitalisation, using dashes and hyphens, etc.
Participants will have ample opportunity to put what they have learned into practice.