Two-day in-company workshop: Telephoning in English
This two-day in-company workshop, suitable for groups of up to 6 people, is specially tailored for business professionals who feel they need to improve their speaking and listening skills on the telephone, to communicate self-confidently, and to represent their company with more professionalism.
Who should attend?
Business professionals with at least intermediate-level proficiency in English.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have acquired the necessary skills needed to deal with a wide range of telephone calls politely and efficiently, have improved and developed their fluency, accuracy and vocabulary, and have learned the do's and don'ts of telephone communication. They will have learned how to:
- prepare for calls (e.g., by taking notes, planning what to say)
- make and receive calls
- use positive language
- connect people
- ask for and offer help, ask relevant questions
- introduce a conversation
- leave and take messages (also leave voicemail messages)
- return calls
- spell and write names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- ask for repetition and clarification
- make and change appointments, bookings and reservations
- arrange meetings and visits, invite people, confirm arrangements
- repeat and clarify information
- interrupt and to say 'no' politely
- make and receive queries, enquiries and complaints
- manage recorded information and phone menus
- avoid common mistakes
- improve their active listening skills
- identify signals to end a conversation and say goodbye
The small group size allows each participant to receive intensive feedback and attention, and maximises active speaking time.